- Understand the data required for each application, including the definition, importance, format, and how it contributes/is used in the application.
- Communicate and educate the customer on required data and resolve questions.
- Work with the customer to map their data source systems, the data available from each, and the quality and completeness of the customer’s data. Where there are gaps, work with the team on workarounds.
- Review/validate data provided by customer and ensure fit with application(s). Iterate with the customer as required to close gaps.
- Establish the data transfer mechanism (SFTP, API) and refresh frequency.
- Ingest data into application, apply transforms, and validate outputs.
- Working knowledge of SQL (stored procedures and job management).
- Database design skills (NoSQL, Indexing, etc.).
- Experience with ETL tools and data loading/transforming methodologies.
- Desire to layer business understanding on top of data/database skills, what each piece of data means, how it’s defined, and how it contributes to the business system.
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration, MS Azure Server Administration.
- Ability to decipher, ingest, transform, validate and organize large amounts of data.
- Must be self-starter and problem-solver, working independently with minimal supervision.
- Adaptable, resilient and organized, with accountability and follow-through.
- Strong communicator able to effectively engage customers and team members. Experience in delivering group presentations.
- Previous experience (2-5 years) in a similar role is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, Data Science, Technology, Software Engineering, or related degree. Master’s degree is preferred.